o interviews during Clevelands rec

Discuss any subject, as long as it is family-friendly.
All bots will be banned.
lw789

o interviews during Clevelands rec

Postby lw789 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:47 am

CLEVELAND -- Tyronn Lue is joining the Cavaliers as a coach after all. Lue, who had two interviews during Clevelands recent coaching search but didnt get the job, was hired as an associate head coach on new Cavs coach David Blatts staff. General manager David Griffin was impressed with Lue as he looked for a coach, and believes the former Los Angeles Clippers assistant can help the Cavs rebound from a tough season. "Over the past several weeks, it became clear that Ty could play a key role in our teams future success," said Griffin. "Ty fits our culture and vision for the franchise. His successful experience as both a player and coach is going to help us tremendously. Tyronn Lue joining Coach Blatts staff is more than exciting to all of us here in Cleveland. The leadership and knowledge of Ty is going to be critically important as we move into a new era of competitive Cavaliers basketball." Yahoo! first reported Lues hiring. Lue was one of the finalists to get the Cleveland job before it went to Blatt, who signed a three-year contract with a fourth year club option on Friday. The 55-year-old Blatt has never coached in the NBA -- or the U.S. -- so bringing in a coach with Lues experience will help him and give the Cavs an insurance policy. "I could not be happier that Ty will be joining the Cavaliers coaching staff as my top assistant," Blatt said. "I look forward to leveraging all of his experiences and expertise into our teams development. "This is a character guy and winner himself who played and worked with some of the greatest talents and successful leaders in NBA history. I am thrilled to have him by my side as we get to work in Cleveland." The 37-year-old Lue played guard for 11 seasons with seven NBA teams. He won NBA titles as a member of the Los Angeles Lakers in 2000 and 2001. Lue spent the past five years working on Doc Rivers staff in Boston and Los Angeles and is regarded as one of the leagues rising young coaches. Lue thanked Rivers for his "deep support, mentorship and friendship" and "helping prepare me so well for this next step and challenge." Lue sees Cleveland as a great opportunity. "Through numerous discussions with David and Griff, I felt Cleveland is a great situation for me," he said. "I believe my background will help me play a key part in helping achieve the vision that the leadership of this franchise has for its team. I cant wait to get to work with Coach Blatt and our players." As the Cavs consider other candidates to join Blatts staff, they are finalizing plans for Thursdays draft. Cleveland has the No. 1 overall pick for the second year in a row and is expected to select either Duke forward Jabari Parker or Kansas forward Andrew Wiggins. Authentic Brad Richardson Jersey . "Youre not really spending time to sit back and analyze what your competitions doing and things like that," Anthopoulos said. "Youre so focused on what were trying to get done." Ultimately, while the landscape around them changed with trades both major and minor, the Blue Jays did nothing before Thursdays non-waiver deadline. Authentic Antti Raanta Jersey . UCI President Brian Cookson said Wednesday the commission will investigate allegations "that the UCI has been involved in wrongdoing in the past -- allegations which have done so much to hurt the credibility of the UCI and our sport. http://www.cheapcoyotesjerseysauthentic ... jersey.com) - Rakeem Christmas scored 21 points, B. Authentic Jeremy Roenick Jersey . -- Floridas smothering defence returned to form just in time for the third-ranked Gators to keep their winning streak going. Authentic Dylan Strome Jersey . -- The Florida Gators are first yet again this season.New York, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Carl Hagelins goal with 2:05 remaining in overtime sent the New York Rangers into the All-Star break with a 3-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators. Hagelin added an assist in regulation to help the Rangers enter the break with wins in three straight games and 16 in their past 19 outings. Henrik Lundqvist aided New Yorks cause with a 33-save effort, with Kevin Hayes and Chris Kreider also registering goals in the triumph. Ottawa, which had prevailed in seven straight regular-season visits to Madison Square Garden coming in, received 32 saves from Craig Anderson in a losing cause. Erik Karlsson and Milan Michalek accounted for the Senators two scores. The Rangers overcame a 2-1 deficit after two periods, with Kreider netting the equalizer 2:42 into the third. The young forward got behind the Ottawa defense and beat Anderson 1-on-1 after taking in a pinpoint pass from Marc Staal. Lundqvist kept it tied after 60 minutes by recording 13 saves in the third, and Hagelin charged the net to redirect a give from a spinning Derek Stepan past Anderson to give New York the two points. The Senators two goals came within a 63-second span in the second period after Hayes had given the Rangers a 1-0 lead earlier in the stanza. Lundqvist stopped Erik Condra in close but the Rangers couldnt clear the puck on the first goal, which set up Karlsson to connect on a wrist shot from the right circle with 6:22 remaining in the middle session.dddddddddddd A high-sticking penalty to New Yorks Lee Stempniak led to Ottawas second score. Just nine seconds into the ensuing power play, Michalek slipped the rebound of Alex Chiassons initial attempt under Lundqvists pad to give the Senators a 2-1 edge. The Rangers had a 5-on-3 advantage for over a minute late in the second, but werent able to convert. After a scoreless opening period in which both teams appeared to lack energy, the action picked up considerably in the second. Hayes broke the stalemate 9:29 into the stanza by crashing the net to put in the carom of Dan Girardis long drive, with the goal coming just moments after Lundqvist turned away Bobby Ryan from close range. Game Notes The Rangers last defeated Ottawa on home ice during the regular season on Oct. 3, 2009, while Anderson had won all six of his previous non-playoff starts at MSG ... New York improved to 22-0-1 this season when allowing two goals or fewer ... Ottawa forward Mark Stone extended his point streak to six games with an assist on Karlssons goal ... Senators forward Chris Neil played in his first game since Dec. 11, having missed the teams last 16 contests with a knee injury ... Ottawa will host Toronto on Wednesday in its final game prior to the All-Star break. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Off-Topic”