Re-Uploading Nintendo-Deleted Levels (Unsolved!)

Discuss tricks and give advice for making levels in Super Mario Maker
Greasykid1

Re-Uploading Nintendo-Deleted Levels (Unsolved!)

Postby Greasykid1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:40 pm

As I'm sure everyone on a Mario Maker forum knows, Nintendo have implemented a pretty crappy system where they decide which of your uploaded levels are "popular" enough to stay online.

If your level is deemed to not meet these seemingly arbitrary criteria, it will be deleted, along with all of it's stats, from the server.

Now, before the last patch, you could simply re-upload the level and try again. But they have now made this impossible, by "marking" your level as "deleted on the server", so re-uploading fails - even if you edit the level so it needs completing again before upload.

From my investigations on the net, it seems that that ONLY way to re-upload a deleted level is to literally make it again from scratch.

Does anyone have any new/different information on this?
I've had a level deleted (even though it had stars and 100 plays), and I really don't want to spend the hours recreating it ...

G.

L. Spiro
Site Admin

Re: Re-Uploading Nintendo-Deleted Levels (Unsolved!)

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:27 am

Probably impossible. Levels probably have a unique identifier and can be globally banned from upload. You have to remake it, most likely.

L. Spiro

AsheDelacroix

Re: Re-Uploading Nintendo-Deleted Levels (Unsolved!)

Postby AsheDelacroix » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:26 am

It is sadly impossible to re-upload the deleted level. Recreating the level is as close to a re-upload as we can get. I went through the process of remaking a level that was deleted myself, adding checkpoints and detail to spruce up the overall appeal. It uploaded fine, but again was removed without any real reason. This kind of treatment of level creators has really turned me off from making more challenging levels, as they would only be removed later without warning.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”