Medals and the Upload Limit

Discuss tricks and give advice for making levels in Super Mario Maker
Squadaloo

Medals and the Upload Limit

Postby Squadaloo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:49 am

I'm currently at 4 medals and I've noticed a trend as far as how many stars you need to get the next medal. Using this pattern, I was able to successfully predict when I got my 3rd and 4th medals, so I'm guessing the pattern will continue. For now, here's the numbers I can confirm. I wasn't able to find a concrete list to confirm my findings beyond the 4th medal, however.

EDIT: I feel a lot stronger about this now. The 5th medal showed up right when expected.

EDIT 2: It turns out I was wrong about my math: the 6th medal arrived at 800, not 750 like predicted. Instead, I'll just update this as I go along.

Confirmed Requirements for Medals
  • 0 Medals: Requires 0 stars. Requires an average of 0 stars per level to obtain. Sets the initial level limit to 10.
  • 1st Medal: Requires 1 star. Requires an average of .1 stars per level to obtain). Doesn't change the level limit.
  • 2nd Medal: Requires 50 stars. Requires an average of 5 stars per level to obtain. Changes the upload limit to 20.
  • 3rd Medal: Requires 150 stars. Requires an average of 7.5 stars per level to obtain. Changes the upload limit to 30.
  • 4th Medal: Requires 300 stars. Requires an average of 10 stars per level to obtain. Changes the upload limit to 40.
  • 5th Medal: Requires 500 stars. Requires an average of 12.5 stars per level to obtain. Changes the upload limit to 50.
  • 6th Medal: Requires 800 stars. Requires an average of 16 stars per level to obtain. Changes the upload limit to 60.
  • 7th Medal: Requires 1300 stars. Requires an average of 21.66 stars per level to obtain. Changes the upload limit to 70.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”